You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Have you driven from Durango to Ouray

Richard
Now in Ouray rent you a jeep and do the alpine loop tail to lake city and silverton. Lot to see. I can give several ideals on jeep trail around were you are. Million dollar road to telluride you could do in your subra.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Thanks for the suggestions Ron, but I think Rhonda and I will stick to hiking boots.

As a post script for the post, Rhonda and I were discussing the trip. She started out in front, but for some strange reason I ended up passing her. (
She was driving too slow!) But she did have an interesting vantage point from behind the coach. I can only imagine what the passenger seat view would be on some of the section where the passenger is on the outside. The passenger would be looking into NOTHING. However, her comment after observing from the rear was " you had a LOT more room with your tires than I would have ever guessed. You were never close to the edge."

Again, I am not trying to talk anyone into it or out of it. Just trying to provide info so that you can make your own informed decision.

In hindsight if I had a passenger, I would have them video the switchbacks and the raw edges. A picture is worth so much more than the words.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, a great post. Thanks

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica