You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Poll: How do you close your pantograph bay doors? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Do you only use the door handle to close?
0%
0%
Do you use the handle & pull down on the door skin at the top?
7.69%
7.69%
Do you just pull down on the door skin at the top?
84.62%
84.62%
Other, please explain............
7.69%
7.69%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Closing pantograph bay doors

Guess I just been a "clicker" my whole life...lolol

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

"Hi Bill"! Funniest thing I've read in a while! I will try to be a clicker and not a slammer! I feel like I should be holding up three fingers when I say that...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

I realize this thread is about closing the Pantograph doors and that was very interesting, but I haven't found a thread discussing how to adjust them. Maybe it's just really simple so no-one has brought it up. I looked at a few coaches recently at MHT and discovered I could easily pull out the bottom of the basement doors even when closed and latched. Some Coach Mfg's. have a catch on the bottom somewhere to hold the bottom of the door in when closed and latched. On the coaches I looked at (1998 - 2003) I found nothing at the bottom to keep the door pulled shut. That said, I have to believe the door latching mechanisms can be adjusted to keep them from rattling around and letting water in while driving in the rain. Has anyone experienced this on their coach?

Life is what you make it.

(09-17-2018, 11:28 AM)propjock Wrote:  I realize this thread is about closing the Pantograph doors and that was very interesting, but I haven't found a thread discussing how to adjust them. Maybe it's just really simple so no-one has brought it up. I looked at a few coaches recently at MHT and discovered I could easily pull out the bottom of the basement doors even when closed and latched. Some Coach Mfg's. have a catch on the bottom somewhere to hold the bottom of the door in when closed and latched. On the coaches I looked at (1998 - 2003) I found nothing at the bottom to keep the door pulled shut. That said, I have to believe the door latching mechanisms can be adjusted to keep them from rattling around and letting water in while driving in the rain. Has anyone experienced this on their coach?

I slam mine because my wife loves it!

1995 # 390

I second the adjusting thread - how to do it??? My A/C bays are notoriously difficult to pull down but that is because the PO put on really heavy shocks that were supposed to go on a larger door. They go UP really fast and will hurt you if you’re not careful. I am planning to pull one of those shocks off and put it on another door that is not coming up so well (I have the exact door in mind - it hits me in the head!!!). I also need to repair or replace several of the solenoids on the doors (there is a thread with the part number somewhere) since only about half of them lock correctly.
We are now back home so the repairs and the barrage of questions has stopped for two more weeks until the engine work is done...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40