You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Generator Alternator

Richard I apologize.

Apparently my ADHD didn't let me see the attachment or the last sustenance of that post.

My wiring was slightly different. (before I started fixing it)

All my batteries house and chassis are positive switched.

The positive from the house lands on the merge solenoid before going to the isolator.

I have 3 large positive conductors landing on the lower compartment fuse panel. It is likely that they use another 4/0 to go back to the rear compartment fuse panel.

I talked with Tom a few minutes ago. Helped me sort out the chaff from the real target.

His advise is to put the wiring back the way it was before the 8D's were removed. Install the lithium as if they are the old 8D's and disconnect the conductor to the isolator/merge solenoid.

1998 Coach 484
1997 Suzuki Sidekick toad. 
Cheers.  

No worries, just trying to help. I agree with Tom’s counsel.

When you get to a functioning coach, we can help fine tune some of the connections to give you features you want, and delete ones you don’t.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(04-16-2024, 05:27 PM)Richard Wrote:  No worries, just trying to help. I agree with Tom’s counsel.

When you get to a functioning coach, we can help fine tune some of the connections to give you features you want, and delete ones you don’t.

Thank you.

1998 Coach 484
Cheers.  

A thought came to me at 3am today. When I hook it all back up as it was with the 8D's, how am I going to get the generator to start off the chassis batteries and not the house batteries?

1998 Coach 484
Cheers.  

So……….why is starting the gen off the house batteries an undesirable thing? Many LiPo manufacturers say not to use the LiPo as starting batteries. In this particular case, the starter load is very low. I have been starting my gen for 10 years off the house LiPo setup without a single issue.

You may have another reason.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )