You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1998 45’ 2 slide #486 for sale

It is with mixed emotions that we will be selling our 1998 45’ 2 slide coach #486. Mileage ~108,000
We have enjoyed this coach immensely and have had many great adventures traveling since we bought it from Motorhomes of Texas in March of last year.
However we are building a house in a retirement community in southeast Louisiana in order to spend our winters close to family. We should move in next month. We still plan to travel in the summer but we’ll just do it differently. Actually we’re thinking of buying a cabin in Colorado and spent this summer looking at different areas.
So after I have some maintenance work done we’ll drive it back home and empty it out. After that we’ll bring it back to MOT. They suggested to price it at $129,000 but if anyone is interested before I bring it there on consignment please contact me for a pre-consignment discount, 985-four13-47one7. MOT also suggested to remove the Lithium (LiFePO4) battery system and they will install new batteries for the buyer. I will plan to do that and sell the LiFePO4 system separately after the coach sells.
Of course if someone buys before it goes to MOT I will include various extras, spare parts, etc. I’ll completely empty it once it goes to MOT.
We have lived full-time in it since March, 2013. As such this is not a fixer-upper or a project coach. This is a very livable and comfortable coach.
And I will continue to be active on the forum.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest, you have a beautiful coach and it should sell quickly. Can you also update with the mileage?

Maybe once in a while you will call one of us and borrow a coach for a few weeks!

I understand about the Lithium batteries, but I was really looking forward to your conclusions.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Thanks Bill, just updated mileage. We might just want to borrow a coach occasionally. Or better yet I'll hire Cindy out to drive for y'all. It just might take us a couple weeks to get it somewhere Smile

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

This is a very nice coach. I know because after looking at it, Mary and I decided to buy it. Went over to make the deal and out walked Forest and Cindy. Mel said I just sold the coach you were looking at. This was the second Newell that was sold out from under us because it took so long for us to make up our mind. I learned from that, if you like it you had better buy it. So hurry.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Are pictures anyplace?

06 M450LXi 3 slide

Forest, I am so very, very sad to learn that you are selling out. Hope we can count on you to attend future rallies, and contribute your knowledge to this forum. It that does not work out, I personally will miss your participation, but wish you and Mary the best that life can offer.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Forest,
You just bummed a lot of us out !! I am sad to hear you selling, but we will all be there someday and hope your move to be close to family is glorious.... like Bill I really wanted to see how the LI battery system worked over time, but will have to wait for some other clever owner to follow your lead. I am sure we can all find someone to pick you and Cindy up for ALL future GURU get togethers... Your not giving up the Razor r u ? Anyway all the best to you both and maybe we will see you in the mtns of Colo since we spend so much time there, In fact I should be heading to Pueblo soon to see a friend for a few days..... Many happy days for you both !!!

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Here are a couple pictures from last year. I'll try and get current pictures tomorrow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Wow! This is a shock Forest. Glad to hear you will still be active on the forum. Perhaps in a year or so there will be another Newell in your guys future. Best wishes to both you & Cindy. We are definitely proud to consider you as our friends.

This afternoon Mary and I was going over to visit with Forest and Cindy at the RV park they are at in Nacogdoches when I saw their truck at Motor Homes Of Texas. So we pulled in. After we found them and they told us about selling their Newell, I said WOW, we need to talk about this. So we went into the 07 Newell they had on the lot and the four of us had a good chat for about 30 minutes.
They are really excited about what they want to do and after talking to them we were excited also for them. I really hate to see them sell their Newell but they are young and who knows after a few year they just might buy another. That's the nice thing about being retired. Not only that when they build that summer home in CO. we can all go visit them.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot