You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Mattress

The mattress provided in my coach is a memory foam mattress. I have a Temperpedic at home and it is softer for sure. Both my wife and I are very comfortable on it. They did provide custom mattress pads and sheets as well. We had them make the custom ones for the jackknife couch. They fit great. When we asked about the mattress during the build we were told it was a high end memory foam. We never asked about different firmness.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

(09-28-2014, 05:24 PM)Dmatz Wrote:  The mattress provided in my coach is a memory foam mattress. I have a Temperpedic at home and it is softer for sure. Both my wife and I are very comfortable on it. They did provide custom mattress pads and sheets as well. We had them make the custom ones for the jackknife couch. They fit great. When we asked about the mattress during the build we were told it was a high end memory foam. We never asked about different firmness.

Always a risk to reply to a very old post, but here goes.    Did Newell provide mattress pads and sheets, or are you referring to another provider?

Thanks!

nowadays it is easy to get custom made foam mattresses done. we had ours made at a local manufacturer.

darlene customizes our bedding and anyone that is a handy sew er can do the same. although she is more than handy

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Newell will make sheets etc but everything is quoted at their normal hourly rate so VERY expensive to use them, but convenient.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Over the years I had several custom sheets done by Newell. I was always pleased, as they were done to the "Newell quality", until last time. The price had increased 33% and the quality was not up to Newell standards!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I just measured a mattress in a 2000 Newell (45’) which was thought to be a “king” bed....but it measures 68”X 77” ! What a weird size!  Does anyone have a mattress that size, or know why one would be that size? Why would Newell put one in that is so odd and difficult to find bedding for?  Anyone else have an odd size mattress, or one just like this?  I don’t even know how to buy sheets for it!

Pam Cameron

Pam and Ken Cameron
Diamondhead, MS

Full-timed prior in 45’ Travel Supreme Select
Looking to become more informed about and perhaps purchase a used Newell...
Now the new owners of Newell coach #566! 2000, 3 slides, 45’8” 

Pam, every Newell is completely custom including the bed. We also have a 2000 but it has a 77” long x 72” wide. Three years ago we investigated custom memory foam mattresses. We found that Newell was competitive and had them build us one. We love it, very comfortable. We use standard king sheets tucked in and it works. We thought about custom sheets but have not prioritize it.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Our '98 had an Olympic Queen which was wider than a standard queen and shorter. It was a standard but not common size. Don't remember the dimensions.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Just had a new mattress installed at Newell and they have 3 different ones to choose from: soft, medium and firm. Went over to the upholstery shop a laid on all 3 and choose the medium. $1750 for the new one. Really pleased with it.

Michael and Mona Corrigan
2008 Newell #1248
2010 Mini Cooper S

I just ordered the medium one from Newell as well. When I called to ask about having a new one made Tommy asked what color fabric ours had (Blue) he said that was the real firm one before memory foam. I equate it's stiffness as sleeping on a table... LOL. The new one is what they put in all of the new coaches. Can't wait to get it!

Ron & Jennifer Ward
2003 Newell Show Coach #643 (Racer Bus) Triple Slide, DD 60
Visalia, CA