You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Windshield wipers

Yes, I know. I pulled the dash cover and it will be something else to get to. The drivers side is much easier. Thanks.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell, If my memory serves me, they got to our motor from under the dash at Newell. This was passenger side motor.

That might be a better way. I'm in Cotter, Ark. for the week, which is about 3 hours from Newell. Thinking about calling them and see if they can take me next Monday. I have some other things that need to be taken care of. One of them is sort of important. When I apply the brakes hard I have a shimmy in the steering wheel. I will call Mike tomorrow.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chapel I don't know of you are near fort smith but let me know if I can help. Had same problem earlier this year. Loctite on n the nut where the mother meets wiper fixed problem.. That was what the factory did to fix

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Thanks for the offer Marc, but am leaving today for home. Newell couldn't take me, so will check on this when I get home. The weather is beautiful, so I want have to worry about wipers.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I have now worked on the passenger side wiper and have it working. This was my first experience with this problem and with some help from Michael Day and others I understand it more. After taking the wiper off and turning on the wiper one arbor turned and one did not. The one that did not turn, I learned it is freewheeling. It was rusty and I could not turn it by hand. So I took the clip ring, washers and O ring off and oiled it and finally got it to turn with my fingers. Both arbors have splines and the drive arbor's splines were full of the soft pot metal the wiper housing is made of making it smooth, so I cleaned it. I noticed the wiper housing doesn't have splines so I guess when one tightens the nuts the steel splines will embed into the soft metal the housing is made of.
So be sure if you have wiper problems that the splines are clean and sharp.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

And Fresh Nylon locking nuts

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border