You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Black Hills Mini Rally?

We would like to attend the rally but I jumped the gun on us attending. I looked at the mileage and it would take us at 3-4 days to get there and the same to return. I am not so sure that I want to run that hard up and back on a vacation. And the route would take us far from Oysters, Crab, Ceveche, and Calamari so I am not so sure that we could attend since I am not retired yet.
I do expect to attend the gathering in Yuma though, a few hours there and a few hours home is do-able. Besides we have Full Hook-Ups at Yuma Lakes a membership park that we belong to, Yuma Lakes is about a half hour away. I may be able to arrange for some guests there if anyone needs 30 Amp Service close by, please let me know.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Is there a nice RV park in Spearfish? I know there is one just off the interstate in Deadwood. If you have local intel, let's start zeroing in on location and date.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Here is one in Spearfish that is big & looks nice. I personally have not stayed or seen the park, but have it on my list of parks to stay when in that area. The name is Elkhorn Ridge RV Park. Maybe some one has stayed here and can give a first hand review.

http://www.elkhornridgervresort.com/amen...to-gallery

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I just stayed at Elkhorn Ridge a few weeks ago. It is VERY nice. Long pull through sites and true resort amenities with tennis courts, pools, spas, etc. Only downside was spotty Verizon coverage although that is true all around Spearfish. That said, Elkhorn Ridge is one park that truly deserves to use the RV Resort name and is priced reasonably considering the amenities. They also have a LARGE dog run.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

So, how many people do we have that are interested? Probably need to get an unofficial head count. We have a member near that area, Todd Flickma, who can make the arrangments. I think he was looking at a park right in Spearfish. The following is copies from a PM sent me by Todd a few weeks ago:

"Guys I sent a note to the campground to see what next summer looks like for them. I asked if they had any time in July or August that would look good right now for a rally. How long are these typically? I was thinking if we could find a week or 5 days that I would see if we could get them to hold a number of sites for a while and see if we can fill them. They quit taking reservations at all from October 1 to April 30. However maybe they would let a group continue to book in during that time with the agreement that any unused are released back into the pool say by year-end. "

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Guys the Elkhorn is new and very nice for amenities. However the Spearfish campground is very nice. It is set in a small canyon right I town with beautiful trees, a trout steam, fish hatchery (100 years old), bike trails run through the park and we are at the mouth of Spearfish canyon. Google it and check it out.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Todd, the Spearfish Campground sounds like my kind of place. Here is a link:

Spearfish Campground

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

I just found out that we are having a Seibert Family Reunion the second Saturday in June (6/8/2013) at Grimes, Iowa. We will be attending it so we should be close enough to get there providing that the dates work out.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Steve, that is great news!

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

Right now, there is nothing concrete on our calendar, so any dates are fine with Rhonda and me. The reason I am trying to tie down a time period is we are planning on heading West next summer, and I will plan around the rally.

I don't really have a preference about the park, but I do prefer paved sites (cause if history is an indicator I usually end under a coach or two)

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )