You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Black Hills Mini Rally?

I live where it is crowded with visitors. I don't want A vacation where there are crowds like there is during sturgis.

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Agreed Tom, we will be back home in Idyllwild by the 4th! We spent Labor Day at the beach last year and that reminded us about the crowds, they just cannot fit that many people in our little community.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

"I live where it is crowded with visitors."
Tom

Probably 2012s biggest understatement. Your visitor rate is only surpassed by the Holiday Inn.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

As most of you know I live in the heart of east mesa where it is full of a zillion rv parks and retirement villages. It is so retirement oriented that most local rv parks will not let you stay unless all occupants are over 55. That has made it tough for some of our visiting friends. I love what the snowbirds bring to the local economy and many of my friends depend on them for business. You can tell when the weather cools down that they are arriving in droves. EVERYTHING gets busy and crowded. Traffic is more congested and more slowpoke drivers. When they leave in the spring it is obvious.

It is just part of living here.

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The suggested dates, last week in June or first week in July, works well for me. The bikers will not be there and we can still attend the FMCA on June 19th in Wyoming.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(10-21-2012, 11:06 AM)Chester Stone Wrote:  The suggested dates, last week in June or first week in July, works well for me. The bikers will not be there and we can still attend the FMCA on June 19th in Wyoming.

The last of June or first of July would work for me also. I plan on attending the FMCA June 18th-22 and and would be great to make Spearfish afterward. I have ridden a lot of the road on my Goldwing and hope they are lots of off road trails for the RZR. Going to Breckenridge CO the middle of July through Aug. Will be leaving TN Jan 1 for skiing in Breck and then on to AZ, Nevada, Utah, WY and CO and will be returning to TN Sept. Hope to see you all on the road. I do carry a bicycle but only ride in the rv parks. Also have Goldwing and the RZR with me and enjoy riding both anywhere and any time.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Either week works for Rhonda and I.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

The Black Hills has tons and tons of trails for ATV's. in the summer there are trailer after trailer pulling ATV's and modified jeeps out there. I will try to put together some information this winter on as many of those things as I can for you guys.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

We may have to change our direction for next year. Put us down as a big maybe.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Well Richard you may get your wish of paved campgrounds after all. I missed getting things squared away with the city and now their resevation line is offline until May 15, 2013. I would assume most of us would want the dates squared away so we can all call in and get our resevations out of a block so we all can make travel plans well ahead of time. I have not been in the Elkhorn RV Park but driven past it hundreds of times. It looks very nice and Mike Day confirmed that as you will all recall earlier in this thread. The city campground is more historical and we can still enjoy it while there as visitors or campers for those that want to extend or come early and mke those reservations on May 15, 2013.

So please weigh in with your opinions as I have a call into Elkhorn. Are we looking then at what 3-4 nights the week of June 24th? Should we begin mid-week or the beginning or end of that week? Let me know what you all think.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota