You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Black Hills Mini Rally?

I'm with Richard on the paved sites as we may want to look under a coach. Suzy also likes a pool in the summer. We'll be coming a 1,000 miles so we'll stay a week. The week of June 24th will work great for us. I always think week days work better than weekends as most campgrounds are just less crowded. Look forward to it........................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Guys what would you think about the week of June 9th? Steve will be in Iowa around that date so we could catch him on his way back to CA. This works for Clarke as well and if we have our rally say June 13 - 16 that would then allow some of you to get to the other gathering that I think begins the 19th if I recall correctly. I checked with Elkhorn and they will accomodate us without any problem. They seemed like very nice people and as you will recall Michael said the place was very nice. We just need to determine our block week and actual rally days. They will hold a week block of 15 - 20 spaces for us under the name Newell Gurus for a perod of time. You will just need to call in and make your reservation with one nights deposit.

I know it's not election day quite yet, but nevertheless let's vote:
-Option A: Block is week of June 9 - 16 with the rally being the last half of that 13-16 (Thursday to Sunday)
-Option B: Block is week of June 23 - 30 with the rally being the last half of that 27-30(Thursday to Sunday)

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I vote for Option B, we have family obligations up until June 15th but will be flying home then back to wherever the coach is. We will probably be within a day or 2 drive to the rally.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

It doesn't matter. Either one is fine.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

option b. option a is too early for us.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

We are still OK with either option, so I don't think our vote should sway the date.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Option A, option b is too late for us.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

If you have not perused the website yet for the RV park here it is. Check out the YouTube video on the web page. Does a nice job of describing the area and the park.

http://www.elkhornridgervresort.com/

There are of course many other things to do and I will begin to develop a list of suggestions for you all.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Either option is fine for us....

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Either date works for me, but I prefer A because I will be in Colorado before the rally and in Wyoming for the FMCA afterwards. Then after Wyoming, the rest of the summer is open for other plans. I am just glad that it is going to happen on either date.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica