You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Black Hills Mini Rally?

I'm proposing a Black Hills Mini Rally next summer. June, or July sound like they might work, but let's get some feedback and see if there is any interest, and what time frames work for others. Either way I think Todd and I are going to try to hook up there, or at his home in Sioux Falls, SD. We haven't gotten together since August of 2009. Hope there is some interest!

Admin edit:

Temporarily, I'll just throw all the information on this first post so we can prevent people from digging through all the pages.

Location: Spearfish, SD @ Elkhorn Ridge RV Resort (http://www.elkhornridgervresort.com/)
Dates: June 22 - 29, 2013
Cost: Free (just pay space rental)
Attending:

1) Flickma (Flick)
2) McCloud (encantotom)
3) Day (Fulltiming)
4) Skeen
5) Reganall
6) Reganall - inlaws
7) Olivier (Folivier)
8) Stone
9) Bare
10) Hockwald (Whatsnewell)
11) Magown
12 Zonker
13) Entrekin
14) John and Vicki Clark (from the Newell Factory)
15) Jeff and Lynn
16) Bill Johnson (Bikestuff)
17) Ashley and Linda (ashley)
18) Bill and Heather Appel (bought Tom's coach-not registered yet)
19) Peter Haggins (hagcam) June 25th and 26th?
20) Jimmy Webb (Ozark Guy)
21) Wayne Williams
22) Chappell and Mary Jordan (qci)
23) Rudy and Carolyn Legett (Trainer)
24) Larry & Hedy Brachfeld (lbrachfe)
25) Tony and Drenda Moseley (Tmflyer)
26) James and Carol Brooks (homeonwheels)

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

We are in for late July or August. Late July or August would be better for us considering that my business slows down by then and I am not yet retarded, uh I mean retired.
I say that we put our best foot forward and invite the Bluebirds as well. This could be one he!! of a rally with all of the buses getting together.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

The city of Spearfish loves these types of things. They have a corvette rally and I think a Ford Mustang rally as well along with several mountain biking races. This year their 400 person race sold out like in an hour. It is a great area that I know everyone would love. It has great appeal for people who want to be active as well as those who prefer to just take it easy.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I'm jazzed, Todd. Sounds like a great base to explore the entire area from. I saw your PM and the town sounds way cool all by itself. Put me down for sure. We will probably be up in the Spokane area by then, but we will be more than happy to back track for this!

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

Rhonda and I are in

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

We will have to see as we will be there early next week visiting friends in Spearfish.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Looks like the beginnings of a mini rally are shaping up! I talked to Matt and Connie Russo this morning before we parted ways and they are interested, and I'm sure Forest and Cindy will be interested, and maybe we can get the Zonkers up out of Denver.....they've been talking about buying a Class B. I told them Newell owners don't discriminate....Big Grin Michael, I hope you and Georgia can make it......I'm sure it will be dryer there than Austin....lol!

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

Sounds like fun. I came up from Ft. Collins last summer
for the Cool Deadwood Nights, a muscle car drive in and show.
On Sunday the cars paraded up the old brick main street and did
burnouts. We stayed at Spearfish Canyon Lodge, white
water, good weather, beautiful.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

We were just at this years Deadwood festival two weeks ago. Michael are you coming through Sioux Falls?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Current route takes us up through Oklahoma City, Wichita, O'Neil, and then up to Spearfish which would take us significantly west of Sioux Falls. Trying to make it to Spearfish in 4 days with our 7 month old puppy to help slow us down with multiple stops.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com