You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Re power project

I agree on the desirability of mechanical engines.  The 903 needed some valve and injector work, the cost wouldn't have been that much cheaper than this project.  I would still have a smoky 30 year old engine that's pretty thirsty.
My 8.3 is a 1996, one of the last mechanicals, the Allison 6 speed does have some electronics.
I don't have any new photos yet.
Everything is in and running, Mike should be getting the tranny programmed this weekend.
All the major work is done, need to get the cruise control hooked up, change out the seats, still haven't decided if a new steering column and wheel is going in.  I am planning on picking it up at the end of February.  I'll have a 9 hour shakedown drive home.

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"

It runs and drives!
Mike took it for a test drive today.  
Getting closer, I need to get a tach and a new speedometer.  
Change out the seats and steering column and it's done!

I'm getting excited. Big Grin

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
"Any other Way"

Very exiting indeed Scott!! Did Mike tell you "it goes like a scared bear!!""
I bought a turbo boost guage (turbocator) from these guys. http://www.issprogauges.com/mobile/Category.aspx?id=202
I still have to order my tach and speedo

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

SNew steering column is in, had to send the cruise out for repair, it's back and the speedo goes in tomorrow.  
Picked up an Isspro speedo and tach.

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
"Any other Way"

Scott, I would love to see some pictures of all your changes when you get a chance, and congratulations for the awesome work you've done so far!

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

I will take a bunch of pictures and update my gallery when u pick it up.
I didn't do the work, wish I had the time and space, I could do some of the mechanical work, the electrics, not quite so much.

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
"Any other Way"

Looking forward to some new pics Scott! I was checking out your gallery, I like your setup!! Great floorplan.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

It's done!
Mike did a final test drive and speedo & tachometer calibration yesterday.
The re-gearing with a 5.29 is a little lower than I calculated, it turns at 2150 rpms at 70 mph.
Power should be good, hopefully mpg doesn't take to big of a hit, I was hoping to see 10.

I will be picking it up on February 20.  Lots of pictures will follow.

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
"Any other Way"

Great news Scott. Awaiting photos!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com