You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2015 get together

There won't be anywhere to stay in Yellowstone June through Labor Day and 45' coaches don't fit in Natl Parks.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Larry are you talking about the park itself or West Yellowstone? I was about to ask if anyone had suggestions for West Yellowstone area for RV parks. The national parks are first come first serve and I don't want to spend my vacation stressing over whether or not a spot will be available. That is why we thought West Yellowstone made sense for our trip.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Isn't grizzlies at west Yellowstone? I'll bet if we reserve now for then we would be good

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Not yet Clint. It is still at the mechanic shop. He's had problems getting the right radiator core and also getting parts for the oil cooler to rebuild that for a leak. We plan to drive up tomorrow and get it then unload over the weekend. So it should be at MOT by Monday. On another note we're in the new house. Still unpacking.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Todd,

We have been to Yellowstone in the Summer a few times and our group most likely could never get even dozen sites together in any park around it .... There needs to be much more thought given to this as it is Summer and busy and many coach owners may not want to fight the crowds and price inflation. National recreation areas are never good places for large groups in the Summer I would not be a fan of such a popular destination.

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

Don't forget South Lake Tahoe........I do have an 'in' at the park we will be working at once again this summer.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I really did like Spearfish. Let's go back to Spearfish. I still have things I would like to do in that area.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

What about Santa Fe NM. Santa Fe Skies RV Park has the facilities to host a rally. Lot to do in the area.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Yellowstone was mentioned. In 2012 FMCA sponsored a Rocky Mountain tour and while in Yellowstone the group of about 25 rigs stayed at Lionhead RV Park a few miles west of West Yellowstone. They are now Yellowstone KOA Mountainside and report to have made many improvements including cabins and indoor and outdoor meeting facilities.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Todd,
I thought you were talking Natl Parks... These parks would be scare for availability for this many coaches unless we booked it the season before and would be the same by any Natl Park in the Summer by my travel experience...
Area is one thing and a nice park that can accommodate our size and needs is another...

It seems that all suggestions so far are out West from my Quails Ridge in AZ to Yellowstone to Spearfish to Santa Fe to Tahoe....All could be great !!

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S