You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2015 get together

We go to Breck every summer for a break from the Midwestern heat. Tiger run is a great resort and there is indeed many things to do in the area.

One challenge with large groups at tiger run is the lots are owned by individuals and they don't guarantee specific sites will be available. The owner has the right to show up anytime and boot you off. We have had to move sites multiple times while staying there after having a site "reserved".

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Tigers Run is in a great location , but no longer a park that can accommodate a rally group imo. most of the sites have been converted in the past few years to park models and structures for year round living for college students, Ski workers , etc. We too have had to move when an owner showed, but that was not a big deal, but Summer availability for 20 to 30 sites is impossible. Last Summer they were completely booked in July and August as we tried months before to get a2 week reservation and only 2 days were available and not concurrent.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

How about Estes Park, CO area? We stayed a few days at Elk Meadows RV park. Not nearly as nice as tiger run (gravel sites) but they could accommodate larger group. we enjoyed the area. I know there are many other RV parks in the Estes Park area but don't know what they are like.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

www.grizzlyrv.com
www.yellowstonekoa.com
www.rusticwagonrv.com
www.yellowstoneholiday.com

I looked at the various sites for the many camp grounds in the west Yellowstone area. Any of these four look like they could work, the last one is a little further out, 13 miles, but looks nice. There are several campgrounds that look too small.

Peter Haggins
Courtenay BC
Canada
96 Wanderlodge 42' Mid Door

When posting your suggestions it is important that they are researched first to see what amenities there are, availability in June or July and price of course. Without some simple facts this discussion will go round in circles. Clark and Elaine are in Tahoe in a great campground and since they work there have the connection and it would be good to consider that aspect. I gathered and posted a couple of months ago info on quail Ridge in AZ and when Steve got us ARK he proposed it with all the details, so please get some as not to keep adding names without facts about staying. I am not trying to be pushy or rude here , just trying to "cut to the chase" and encourage everyones participation by making a call or two themselves for us all. Thanks

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

Larry, my post on Yellowstone KOA Mountainside was based on a telephone discussion with the owner.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I knew that Chester and the members that just posted names or links and personal likes is what I was referring to after 30 posts and we haven't gotten anywhere except West it seems. Just trying to get others that don't make the calls to think about doing it.
I still think that Clarkes offer to look into his place in Tahoe should have been acknowledged and get some info, but nobody seemed to show interest in it, but me lolol. I love that area and have been many times. I alsso got with the owner of Quail Ridge in the AZ high desert and we were offered our own section and $16 a night, but no interest and I agree with you that we should have an amenties rich resort or towns close by with good stuff to do and eat ... Colorado would be nice or even NM but in the summer impossible to do a rally and be together somewhat.

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

one of thee days it would be nice to be more in the central part of the country for us who live in the eastern quadrant. Northern Mi. Wisc or Mn are beautiful in the summer!

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

What about east TN? Anchor Down RV resort is new with 180 sites on Douglas lake. Smokies Mountains, Dollywood, Dills Gaps, Wind Rock, Gatlinburg, Knoxville, and close to 3 interstate. Early June would be nice weather. Much to do close by Pigeon Forge. If any interest I will make contacts. I will delay my trip to CO. For July.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

(10-31-2014, 07:33 PM)larryweikartsr Wrote:  one of thee days it would be nice to be more in the central part of the country for us who live in the eastern quadrant. Northern Mi. Wisc or Mn are beautiful in the summer!

Is it cool there in June-July? Find us some big rig places and a cabin for Forrest!!

Jimmy