You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

power steering pump

My 95 newell has a 8v92 in her. Where is the power steering pump? Is it direct drive as I dont see or have any drive belts other than the rad fan. The a/c has been disconnected. I have not had problems but would like to check the fluild level. All input will be appreciated. Mike. #372.

On my '93 it was on the driver side next to the fuel filter.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Tks forrest. I have looked at that cannister numerous times but not paying attention to it as it has no showing of how it is driven. Must be direct within the engine. Any how I am glad I asked as it is very low. The last question do I just use a high quality grade of power steering oil or would newell suggest somthing other that. Tks mike

Mnhoff: unlike cars and small trucks our coaches have the power steering pump and reservoir as separate units. The reservoir on my 93 coach is on the driver's side as Forest stated. The pump is direct drive mounted on the transmission end of the engine on the passenger side.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed