You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

First Retirement Trip

For those of you who have not been following our first trip on Rhonda's FB page, here is the reader's digest version on her blog

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Enjoyable read.. Thanks Richard and RhondaSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

What a great read and awsome pictures and a fabulist adventure. Thanks for sharing. You all should take the time to read this you will not be disappointed.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

WOW! What a wonderful trip. I think you saw all there is to see. A fun read.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

they graciously skimmed over the week richard spent on a 20' high scaffold at my place.....ha

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

You worked him too hard. He did mention me....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

The blog was Rhonda's doing. I had a couple of insights that I thought I might share with you. Many of you already know the things I am about to say.

One, this was the first extended trip for us, and the first without any kids or guests. Wow! Living in the coach is SO EASY! I really did not miss all the stuff I left at home.

Two, we had great weather. but on the days that the weather kept us mostly indoors, it sure was nice to have a little room.

We were half and half on the slides. Many one night camps or early starts were spent with slides in. I like the coach is completely useable that way.

Three, the gurus we were able to visit along the way were special days for us. It's nice having an extended family spread across the US.

Four, I didn't fiddle with the coach systems as much as I thought I would. I had a few issues right at the start, and some right at the end, but nothing insurmountable. I think that is a testament to the Newell engineering and the good care that previous owners took of the rig.

Five, I came to the conclusion that despite 35 years of work as an engineer that I missed my life's calling. The last few months convinced me that I should have been a man of leisure all along.

Six, I am on a twelve step recovery program. I am trying not to step in and "help" other people in campgrounds. I only went off the wagon on this trip when vehicles were blocking the road or about to hit the coach. Otherwise, I saw some very entertaining moments in campgrounds.

Seven, Rhonda is the best. I am a very lucky guy. All I do is drive and cook. She does all the grunt work of planning , calling, cleaning, and ..........braking.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I second your #5 Richard!

Very cool!

Our second favorite thing about motorhoming is the adventures and places we go that we would probably never do if we didn't have a motorhome. Our favorite thing is meeting people that do the same!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff