You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

David, I prepared a History of Newell presentation for the 2009 Newell Mini-Rally in Austin. You can download a pdf copy from my website at http://www.newellowner.com/Newell/Newell...istory.pdf

I used Google to search for: 1986 Newell for sale. I got several good hits.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

The glass on my 1988 is needing upgrade.  Does anyone know of a way to eliminate the 6 inch strip in the middle.  Just thought someone might have made a two piece for these units??  Thnx   Pete, Florida

I have not seen a 2-piece replacement for the wide body 1980's Newells. When Newell developed the wide body, they took the same windshield used on the 96" wide Newell which was for the GMC Astro truck and then used an extra windshield to cut a 6" wide strip for the center. With the low production numbers for Newell, I doubt that anyone bothered to create a new windshield specifically for Newell. Additionally, you would have body work to remove the existing windshield supports and weld in a new center windshield support.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com