You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Location map?

Would it be possible to have some sort of location map or searchable chart so that members who are willing to be visited could be contacted? Several other brand-specific forums that I'm on have such a feature, and being able to contact someone who is nearby and owns a coach like what I'm interested in is a big help.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

hi david,

i am not quite sure how we would do it. will think about it. what other forums do it so i can go look?

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

We do that on DataStormUsers.com but it requires the use of a dedicated server, a lot of bandwidth, and the application was custom developed by the site owner, Don Bradner.

There is a site I have used called logabout.com that lets you log your location but does not display a number of individuals at one time.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

David,

Where are you? And we will try to hook you up based on our network, and the handy dandy Newell owners registry. The registry is updated and owned by Newell.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

You just reminded me Richard, I can't remember receiving a owners registry lately. Have you?

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Richard, I'm in SW Missouri, about 50 miles north of Springfield, near a little town called Urbana. I don't own a Newell (or any motor home, for that matter).

I bought the parts to put in a 30A electrical hookup a couple of weeks ago, and we've had quite a few days of rain ever since, after no rain all summer. Guess I should have purchased those parts in July. One of these days it ought to be dry enough to put that outlet in, and then any visitors will have a place to plug in.

Yes, visitors are welcome.

I believe you have to be a member of the forums, but both foreforums.com and wanderlodgeownersgroup.com have maps of members' locations. That is an optional feature, and not everyone chooses to post their location.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

Hey guys, didn't see this until someone mentioned it. Only took a couple minutes to setup, I'll be adding a link to it on the toolbar next to "Gallery" soon, but for now, the link is http://newellgurus.com/usermap.php

It allows you to map via zip, address, city, etc.. Allows one pin/location per registered user.

Please be aware it will put the EXACT location you map, so if you are concerned about any users (only registered users can see/use the map) on the forum seeing your exact location, use a more generalized one (city/zip).

it works and scott and i tested it just now. thanks scott.

very cool.

when you put your cursor over the pin it shows the member username and avatar.

look at mesa, az and you see me.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That is certainly an easy fix. Great job Scott. You're the man!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

This looks like it could be fun, great idea.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch