You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Forum responsiveness

Thanks Tom and Scott,

Good job on new forum! Thanks for all you guys do!

I may have missed instructions somewhere....but can someone in the know tell me:

1) What is the "Portal" on the very top Menu on the site? I cannot figure out the logic for which threads show up. No big deal, but inquiring minds...
2) On the second menu there is an entry for "Open Buddy list". That doesn't appear to do anything. (Not that I have buddies :/) My mac is fairly locked down, so whatever is supposed to happen may be blocked on my end.

Again, thanks!

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

hi bill,

the portal is just another way to look at things in the forum. the posts it pulls up seem to be somewhat random, but do come from all sections of the forum. i can turn it off, but it gives a nice view of things.

as for the buddy list.

the reason for it is to

It's mainly used for two reasons:

1. Being able to quickly contact certain users and seeing if they're online or not.
2. Being able to quickly select users when sending PMs

but you have to add people to your buddy list. to do so, click on the username of the person you want to add. on their profile at the bottom right you will see the tab to add them to your buddy list

happy monday

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH