You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Forum responsiveness

howdy all,

a few people have said they have had problems accessing the forum with page time outs and longer than usual page loading times.

we are not experts on this and are doing our best to make the forum a great experience for all.

we are trying to analyze the mountain of performance data that our web hosting company provides us.

scott did make some changes that we think has improved page loading times and made the site a little faster.

we would welcome your comments. the forum is getting quite a lot of action in terms of people accessing it.

we are also starting to be grow in storage space. i have just put a limit on the size of pictures you can upload to the forum. 1 mb is the new limit. before it had no limit and now that we have thousands of pictures it is consuming web space and bandwidth as they are accessed.

we will keep looking to see if there is something else we need to do for hosting the forum.

if you see improved responsiveness, please feel free to let us know. likewise if you have any problems, let us know

frequently people have trouble logging in. that is usually because you cant remember your password, or you changed it and your cookies are remembering the old password. in those cases, you can request a new password on the login page. we can also reset it for you if you have problems.

feel free to email us at [email protected] if you need help or contact me or any of the moderators/admins and any one of us will do all that we can to help you.

be patient with us, as newellgurus continues to grow, we are learning how to deal with it from a forum perspective.

we never claimed to be pros at this. just have a strong desire to have fun with it.

thanks

tom and scott

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Things are definitely loading much faster tonite!!

Tom

I agree the loading has become much faster. You guys have provided a great experience for all of us Newell owners. I appreciate the forum your efforts. Thank you!

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Tom is the picture size limit 1mb for each picture or 1mb for each post?
I also think it's faster. Thanks Scott!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

1mb for each picture. if that proves to be a problem for people, i can bump it up some.

tom

Shouldn't be a problem, just wondering.
Give Heather a hug for us!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

after changing hosting providers i increased the size of pictures that can be uploaded to 4mb. that should be big enough for anyone. although i always size my pictures down to under a meg. i have a slow internet connection out here in the country

tom

Greased Lightning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Working great!!! Thanks, Guys

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Thanks Tom and Scott. Huge improvement!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )