You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thoughts and Discussion on Fulltiming

Thanks Clarke! yes relationships are a foundational issue and building on a compromised base can be a difficult road. But not in ours....yabba dabba dooo! Thanks for your input it's very well received!

Robert & Tammy Hopkins Angel
2002 Kountry Star Newmar
2007 Prius

I can't imagine anyone putting up with me 24/7 forever. I can't imagine me putting up with even a saint 24/7 forever.

Recognition that we all need some alone time now and again is the first step. The need for some time alone isn't a criticism of the other person, it's just something we each need sometimes for awhile. Being explicit with your partner about what you need generally prompts solutions to pop up, and then you just go do it. It's never been a big deal in my life unless I wasn't explicit and then I get THE QUESTION: "What's wrong"? Answering: "Nothing" is always unsatisfying.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Thanks Jon! ......I totally get were ya coming from. I guess that's what sleeping is good for.....haa haa Thank God for Sleep...at least for my sweet hubby! I always thought my mom saying" don't wake your father up" was cause she wanted him to have rest.......but as an adult I figured it out.....she just wanted piece and quiet. ...haa haa haa....

Robert & Tammy Hopkins Angel
2002 Kountry Star Newmar
2007 Prius

Great thread. I also read with curiosity and interest.

We are torn about being completely full time. Children, Grandchildren, Parents all factor in to what we do. Being available for birthdays, Holidays, special events or just care giving. We have spent about 5 to six months in our Newell over the last year. but it was a 8 week, 5 week, several 3 week and 1 week trips. All were scheduled around Family events as I discussed above. For Karen and I, Karen is introverted and enjoys long term friends and has a harder time with making friend in a campground setting. I on the other hand, can find something in common with just about anyone and learn so much from each person i meet. I love that experience of meeting folks from different backgrounds and parts of this beautiful country of ours.

As for time apart from each other, I'm the adrenaline junkie and Karen is not. Ying and Yang. I love my outdoor sports and that soot her just fine for the alone time she needs from me. I've driven 2 hours to go to an off road park and meet up with other riders and play in the hills.

There will probably always be sticks and bricks in our future. But like Tom said earlier in this thread, if you made me stay home, I wouldn't be happy. Being gone for 6 straight months may not make my wife happy. Being gone 8 - 9 months, in 2 month increments, maybe the sweet spot, but not the cheapest. If the "Cheapest" comment is not understood, ask, we could all go into that further. example, 2 houses, going back over the same roads to the same house, 2x's the mileage as a full timer,

I'll just say, I have a Hybrid version of full timing.

My 2 cents

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

after looking a loooong time for a place to finance an older coach
usaa got it do in no time