You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My Stage-coach experience.

We have friends (Mimi and Steven Tyler) who have a Celtic-Rock band. They have been working hard for years building a fan base, recording etc. This past weekend they asked me if I would take them to a gig in Cincinatti, OH. Their gear totally filled the storage bays.
We had a great time...I was concerned that I may have a mechanical issue that would prevent us from getting there on time so we left at 10:00 am Saturday for their stage call at 9:30 pm. (The downside of being the headline act is you are last up and last to leave)..The Newell ran great. The only problem I had was the pressure relief valve on the water heater started seeping but I was able to get by for this trip.
The band members were great...(there were seven altogether, plus their assistant and 3 kids) I really enjoyed spending time with them.
Navigating the streets in downtown Cincinatti was a challenge....The parking lot we were supposed to park in was designed for automobiles so I had one of the band-members get out and block traffic so I could back in off of the one-way street.
No Sweat!!!...............................................................
Well , not MUCH sweat.!
I've mentioned before that our coach was originally a band-bus. It has 6 bunks in it that we plan to remove in the future when I get all of the outside work completed. The bunks were certainly welcomed for this trip. They could sleep on the way down. I slept in the rear salon during the opening acts of the show so that I could be alert for the drive home. I arrived home at 5;00 am Sunday...Felt great!

here's their link:
http://www.mimiburns.com/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.