You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

ADS Sound system

Yep, I tend to agree with your conclusion that the Yamaha has a problem. I have exactly the same unit.  If you buy a replacement, make sure it has a switched 110 outlet on the back. That outlet (the white plug in the picture) is what powers the relays to switch when the unit is turned on.   That is incorrect information and I apologize for posting bad info. The relays are powered by the dash unit. The switch outlet on the back merely powers a red light to tell you the unit is on. 

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(01-16-2015, 04:10 AM)Richard Wrote:  Yep, I tend to agree with your conclusion that the Yamaha has a problem. I have exactly the same unit.  If you buy a replacement, make sure it has a switched 110 outlet on the back. That outlet (the white plug in the picture) is what powers the relays to switch when the unit is turned on.

Thanks Richard, That explains the white plug.  I also prefer HDMI inputs rather than RCA.  I also removed about 10 pounds of components from the shelves that went to the GPS dome on top of the coach that looks like what truckers use.  It was a handicap coach and I guess the owner wanted someone to know where he was at all times???  It already has a flat screen TV so I plan  to pull it out and try to clean up the mess.  Been planning on doing this for some times but speakers were working and my time always went somewhere else.

Now I am torn between buying a 5-1 or 7-2 receiver.  As you can see there are about 7 speaker wires connected to the back.  I really don't think I need more that 5.  As a matter of fact that is all this receiver is suppose to have according to the manual. 

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot