You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Polishing wheels

Hat's off to Doug. I bought some White Diamond Polish. I had just used Mother's but wasn't thrilled with the results. The White Diamond was a noticeable improvement. I wasn't using a buffer, just a rag and an old towel. It made the 15 yr rims on the back as shiny as the brand new rims on the front, minus the gouges of course.

Thank's Doug. Not sayin that the other recommendations don't work. Just sayin I was happy with this recommendation and saw it on the shelf at the Advance I happened to be in.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard

That's the stuff you can learn from hanging around old time bus guys. Glad it worked well for you too. It made me a believer.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

now i am going to have to try it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Me too

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Now I have to figure out where to get it here in Mexico.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

If amazon ships to Mexico it appears they carry it.

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135

I'm seeing warnings out on the Internet, cautioning about using White Diamond polish on chrome.

Quote:I wanted to let you guys know before you made the same mistake I did. I purchased a bottle of White Diamond Multipurpose Metal Polish and Sealant at a local dealership a while back. I had never used it because I don't do much polishing. I'm one of theose guys that beleives clean chrome shines as much as it ever will. We went to Daytona last week and after unloading our bikes I noticed a spot on my D&D Fatcat muffler. I thought I would try this stuff out. I put a little on a soft cotton rag (actually a worn out t-shirt cut up) and polished the spot. The next day I noticed the spot looked funny, like it was dulled. I tried wiping it and it wouldn't go away. Since the damage was done I tried another spot on the muffler and sure enough it did the same thing. This stuff will scratch chrome bad. It looks like spider webs. Needless to say, I am very upset!

The directions say to use a terry cotton cloth and they also say it is good for chrome. It has ruined my muffler unless I can find a way to buff it out (any ideas?). I'm going to contact the manufacturer but I'm sure it will be useless. I looked on the net and see others have found out the hard way like I did.The guy at the dealership went on and on about how good it was. It may be great for aluminum, stainless, etc. but not for chrome as it states on the bottle.

Hopefully I can save someone from making the same mistake.
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-mo...eware.html

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

I would only use it on my Alcoa wheels......very little chrome on my coach anyway.....exhausts for DD and genset.......Big Grin

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

I would only use it on my Alcoa wheels......very little chrome on my coach anyway, and I have chrome polish for them.....exhausts for DD and genset.......Big Grin

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

I only used it on my aluminum wheels and it worked great I had no experience with any chrome products. My wheels now are chrome and I only use soap on them and wax polish.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex