You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Polishing wheels

6k? wow

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Peeling will occur if and when you are in sub zero temps, Like MrE said the aluminum expands and in this case will contract faster than the chrome and it will pop & peel kind of like de-laminating. Alcoa may have come up with a way to fix this in the past few years, that I do not know.

Interesting. must keep my fingers crossed, my Newell has sat in Canada for the last three years in up to minus 30. glad to have sold and retired to enjoy the snowbird winters.

I had my wheels polished today with White Diamond.  WOW!  I have never known of a polish that polishes aluminum wheels as beautiful at this and only a small amount was necessary.  I hope it will last and I wonder if there is any wax that I should use to protect the luster.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Wash Wax All cleans and protects the shine. Does not polish so it leaves your work alone.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Chester

I used a product from the marine world called Woody Wax. It does take a bit of the shine away but seemed to work well. I used it on the aluminum on my sport fish boat lots of salt water.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Hey doug how you doing?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

today i did the wheels on my coach. normally i use a cordless drill and a polishing ball.

i tried something different. and rather than 30 minutes per wheel it cut it down to 5-8 minutes per wheel.

and looks like a mirror.

i used blue magic polish.

and i used two different things to polish. i used my griots garage 6 inch da polisher. and a foam pad. that gets everwhere but in the deep drive wheels. for that i bought a harborfreight 3 inch air polisher with a foam pad. that gets deep in the wheel. it does take 15cfm, so you have to have a big compressor.

together they made quick work of it and they look like shiny chrome.

tom

Pictures?
Which Blue Magic did you use? The metal polish cream?
Got a link to the pads?
And how much did it take for your wheels?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

yea the cream. took about 3/4 jar to do all 6 wheels.

i will take some pictures in a little while

the foam pad i used on the 6 inch da was just an old one i had used on a car.

i used the two foam pads that came with the air polisher for the 3 inch. the first one came apart pretty quickly. the other one lasted through a couple of wheels. harbor freight has a set for 15 bucks, but i am going to order some cheapies on amazon for a buck a piece or so to use.

the air polisher i paid 28 bucks for.

tom