You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2005 45" Newell with 210,000 miles for sale

Hello to everyone. This is my first post and I am a Newell owner wanabee. I am going to look at a 2005 45' this weekend. The current owner has it listed for $199,000. It has 210,000 miles. The owner states he has all maintenance records. The coach was built and used by Kevin Harvick, current NASCAR cup champion. I don't know how long it has been owned by current owner. My biggest concern is the very high miles. I know Newell's are built for this environment but I haven't seen many for sale that approach this number of miles. If the maintenance records are good should I have any reservations buying the motorhome, assuming the coach is in otherwise good condition? Is the price of $199,000 reasonable for a 2005 with this many miles. The coach is very close to my home and may provide an opportunity to join the elite class of Newell owners. I would value any GURU's opinion. I don't know any particulars other than the miles until I see the coach this weekend. Thank you very much for your time an input to assist.

Welcome! The miles wouldn't concern me. But the price is very low for a 2005. Might be a superb bargain but it looks about $100k below market. Definitely worth a look see if you're nearby. Where is it located? There may be some gurus nearby that could go with you to look at it.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

The miles mean nothing on the chassis and engine. It's if the wear and tear in and out is reasonable and most important are all the systems, tires, batts, air, water, etc. and their condition. Race coaches are usually pretty well beaten up interiors, but the maintenance could have been great or horrible and checking it all out can avoid big dollars out of pocket. The price of $199 seems about half or less of what I have seen most in that vintage at Newell and elsewhere going for.Where is the coach and what number is it ?

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Forest ,, "Great minds think alike"

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

If you have the VIN # Newell can provide information on what they've done maintiance wise..

Jimmy

That is #719. It is listed on RVTrader.com. If it is in decent condition it is a VERY good price. It is one of the last three 2000 models before the 2000i was introduced. Valid slides, ZF suspension with steering tag, Detroit Series 60, Allison 6 speed.

Concur that the 210k miles in itself is a non-issue.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Jimmy,
Newell no longer provides any service records for coaches owned by others and will not provide the coaches history any longer. You need to depend on Michael for all the history now. Liability was the reason given.

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

Thank you for the quick responses. Yes, it is on RVtrader, the coach is located in Spring Hill, FL which is not far northwest of Tampa. I hope it doesn't look like an army camped in it for 10 years, The photos on line are not the best. I appreciate the suggestion to verify the build number 719 replied from Fulltimer, get the VIN # and if I am interested to try and arrange a Newell tech to look at the coach. I want to see it first before I call in the experts. We have Parliament coach outside of Tampa who used to build custom Prevost. They still operate a repair facility. Do any of you know if they are licensed to repair Newell?

Mine has 184K on it. Runs great. No issue.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Al, call me 817 223 2056. That's about 20 miles north of me right now. If you want, I'll go up and provide a Newell owner's perspective.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )