You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2005 45" Newell with 210,000 miles for sale

my 2002 was a race coach and had about 200k on it when i bought it engine is not an issue. i did have to do quite a bit of reconditioning of the various coach systems and such, but nothing was a big deal. there are plenty of things that can add up to alot of dollars if it needs done.

i wouldnt worry about finding someone who is authorized by newell to look at it. any high end coach shop can look at all the systems and any good truck repair or bus repair facility can look at the drive train if the high end coach shop can not. you will almost always find something that needs fixin.

michael that coach has been for sale for a long time hasnt it?

it does look clean in the pictures.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(01-28-2015, 11:51 AM)lbrachfe Wrote:  Jimmy,
Newell no longer provides any service records for coaches owned by others and will not provide the coaches history any longer. You need to depend on Michael for all the history now. Liability was the reason given.

Somebody must'a got grumpy about it... Good to know..thanks!!

Jimmy

My coach has 215k on it and still going strong!

My understanding is the current owner can release the service records on the coach to you.. I investigated the coach and was told it was well maintained

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

(01-28-2015, 11:52 AM)Big Al Wrote:  Thank you for the quick responses.  Yes, it is on RVtrader, the coach is located in Spring Hill, FL which is not far northwest of Tampa.  I hope it doesn't look like an army camped in it for 10 years,  The photos on line are not the best.  I appreciate the suggestion to verify the build number 719 replied from Fulltimer, get the VIN # and if I am interested to try and arrange a Newell tech to look at the coach.  I want to see it first before I call in the experts.  We have Parliament coach outside of Tampa who used to build custom Prevost.  They still operate a repair facility.  Do any of you know if they are licensed to repair Newell?

Hi Al,
I use precision luxury coach, Kris Jones owner and is very qualified to do anything on Newells. He is in Zyperhills Fl which is north of Tampa. His phone numbers is 813-997-0696. He probably would do an inspection for you also. I have been using him for the last 2 years and am very satisfied. There  is nothing he has failed to fix for me on my 04

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

(01-28-2015, 12:07 PM)encantotom Wrote:  michael  that coach has been for sale for a long time hasnt it?

it does look clean in the pictures.  

tom

I know it was listed on RVTrader.com for $325,000 back on 3/15/2013.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Here's what I know from personal experience with Newells and Prevost coaches.  Mileage is not a cause and effect situation directly related to the quality or condition of the coach.  There may be a correlation but it is not a strong one imo.  

As an anecdotal story.... My brother has a Prevost and is fond of some of the used star tour coaches (as opposed to the band bunk coaches) as they can often be purchased at a good price due to high mileage.   These are high mileage coaches.  But many touring artists, and I'd assume many racers as well, "love" their buses and treat them like a home away from home.  When they're off tour they replace, upgrade, and fix all kinds of things.   My brother hires a very famous artists driver when he's off tour and I'm shocked at how much $$ he puts back into the coach.  This artists coach is in tip top shape inside and out!  So is my brothers.  

Of course, that is not always the case and that is where the suggestions to do your homework and trust your judgment is valid.  But this is the case with any coach including low mileage coach too!  

My Newell was purchased on the lower side of the market price with 67,000 miles.  I bought it knowing I needed to fix some things and put some money in it.  Just be prepared that if you do not plan on doing much of the work yourself, costs will add up very quickly.  In my case, I did a little of both and am very happy with my decision.  I budgeted for $25k in additional cost and of course ended up at double that!  But that included new "Newell" carpet, all new TV's, and other cosmetic items.  

Expect to have some unexpected costs regardless, whether it's because something isn't operating properly or your wife just doesn't like the carpet!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Kris Jones at Precision is very good. I have used Parliament coach and they don't know a thing about Newells as of the ownership change about 3 years ago or so. Unless new techs it's not a good place for a new Newell owner who doesn't know what's what.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

We have an '05 with steerable tag and I believe it's the 2000i model. At any rate, as you can see below, we are #729 and with all the bells and whistles we love it. Miss being able to go a lot of places we went with our 39' Allegro Bus, Mexico for example. Only thing I would add were I designing it again would be a half bath although wouldn't want to give up the space for the stacked washer/dryer or wherever they would put it. We have 100,000 miles, and mileage is of no concern to me as I am hoping we'll make that 210,000 but that may be awhile at 10-15K per year. We are in Key West but not all that close to Spring Hill or I would gladly have a look with you.
Onward.....

Gary and Susie
2005 47' Newell #729 4 slides DD 60 Allison 6 spd
2013 Ford F-150 3.5 crew cab, eco-boost twin turbo 4x4
2010 Ford Edge AWD
Black Labradoodle, "Dude"

http://nuevomexprimetime.blogspot.com
http://www.garyrgruber.blogspot.com