You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Texas work in progress

(02-07-2015, 04:55 PM)bestgenman Wrote:  Welcome Dave & Tish,  a wealth of information here.   Your paint job is looking great.

I want to make sure you check your coolant PH on the 903.  Poor cooling system maintenance is very expensive to repair and so easy to take care of.  Check your PH level with any number of products and adjust to the correct level.  The ole 903 is a good engine but thirsty, I'm sure it will perform well for you.  There are several Guru's that have re-powered and will be glad to share.  It's all in the archives here, use this site to your benefit

Thanks for the advice.  I need all I can get.  I'm relatively new to RVing and have never had a diesel engine before.  After the paint job is done the previous owner is going to go over all the maintenance procedures with me.  He's been keeping up well with maintenance on the engine, generator and transmission.  I hope not to RE-power because I'd like to RE-tire some day.