You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2000 Newell 2 slide

This is a coach that I liked when I was looking, but the owner was stuck on $300,000. It is owned by an Iowa car dealer. It is now realistically priced at $174,500. I never looked at it in person, since he was not willing to lower the price. His ad does profess that he will take a trade.

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Re...chMethod=1

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve,

You know, it always amazes me that a seller will ask almost double what a coach is worth. I guess they think that some dummy will come along and plop down a wad of cash without doing any investigating in the market place.

Then the seller wonders why it takes them 4 years to sell the coach!

These coaches depreciate each and every year that we own them; no one is immune to the depreciation. Some folks just don't believe that they are going to lose money when they sell. Trust me, I've had 3 coaches; you are going to lose money when you sell.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

i was interested in that coach last year and made an offer on it. they wanted wayy over what they are asking for it now.

it will be a nice coach for someone.

tom, member of the two newell club....

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tuga,
I agree with you. Pricing a coach too high is the number one way to undermine selling it. Waiting for an unintelligent buyer to pay cash for an overpriced coach is a flawed strategy. Then it sits on the market & people quit taking it seriously. They figure something must be wrong with it or it would have sold. I think a much better selling strategy, in this market, is to find todays realistic price and deduct the coming years depreciation. The problem is that the used market for over 10 year old quality coaches is very depressed due to the lack of financing. It is truly a buyers market--unfortunately there are few buyers who can afford a 10 year+ Newell. On the other hand if there was no depreciation I would have never been able to afford our coach. I have owned five coaches over 30 years and never owned a new one. Depreciation is the most expensive part of owning a coach and buying used has been my way of lowering this cost.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Coach has been reduced to $169,500

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Re...chMethod=1

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

That is a really nice looking coach especialy with the bath and half. Wonder what condition it is in?
But of course mine is probably worth less also so the buy-in cost for me wouldn't be any better.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

That coach paint job is one of my favorites. I have never seen another like it.
It is definitely a buyers market. I bought my Newell at what I believed was a bargain price, but I sold my Country Coach for less than I thought it was worth. What ever I saved on my Newell I probably gave up on my CC. Trading up though has definitely been worth it!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thats a nice Coach! He just might take yours in on trade Forest! Go for it!

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

i had inquired about that coach about 18 months ago or more. owned by a car dealer, at least back then was being sold by one of his sales guys. they have listed it many many many times on ebay, online and all over the place.

if i remember right, it was used for tailgating and summer vacations. probably still doing that with it i would guess.

it is a very nice looking coach for sure.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Here are some better photos of the coach. I liked this coach so much when I was looking that I had it as my computer wallpaper. Three years ago the seller was stuck on $300,000 and wouldn't deal. Now he might take 1/2 of what he wanted.

http://www.buscentral.com/6304.shtml

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531