You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

# 383 for sale in Orlando

Just drove 10 hrs from south LA to Orlando to look at 383 that a dealer from Nashville has been trying to sell it for almost 2 yrs. Exterior was very nice as promised. Luckily for us, it rained a lot before we arrived and we were able to see all the leaks on the interior that we were not aware of. We had agreed on $61k before I drove there knowing that one basement air that would need a compressor. We passed on this one. It's on his website hannasales. Also was going to need tires and power awning work. Motor was rebuilt at some point also.

1995 #398 45' SOLD

That's a shame since the pictures look nice. What was the salesman's answers to the leaks? Where were the leaks?
I'm from Thibodaux also and just moved to Gonzales. Call me 985-four 1 three-4717 if you'd like.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

(02-08-2015, 06:56 AM)folivier Wrote:  That's a shame since the pictures look nice.  What was the salesman's answers to the leaks?  Where were the leaks?
I'm from Thibodaux also and just moved to Gonzales.  Call me 985-four 1 three-4717 if you'd like.

One in front, maybe around windshield, not sure. Dash was all wet. Skylite over shower leaking pretty good. Also signs off either current or old leaks under some windows. .Lots of bubbling peeling wallpaper. Nothing too catastrophic, but not what we were expecting or hoping to buy.

1995 #398 45' SOLD

Did you pu tyour finger where the wallpaper was bubbled to see if the wood was soft behind it?

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(02-08-2015, 07:56 AM)encantotom Wrote:  Did you pu tyour finger where the wallpaper was bubbled to see if the wood was soft behind it?  

Tom

Yes, didn't feel any soft wood.

1995 #398 45' SOLD

Wasn't there an issue with the recessed clearance lights leaking on the front cap??

Jimmy

Hi wjshed, when you checked out #383 would you not have been able to see the areas where rain came in without it raining? Didn't it have water marks where it was coming through?

Pictures look real nice and thought it looked familiar, listed at rvonline also.

Troy & Erica Tikalsky
Belle Plaine, MN
1985 Wanderlodge PT40
1986 Newell 40' (Sold)

Not sure where the leaks in front were coming from. Didn't bother investigating too much since we decided it wasn't for us. If it wouldn't have been raining we may not have noticed a couple stains under a couple windows. Shower skylite didn't look too bad other than leaking. Like I said before, nothing terribly bad, just not what we were expecting. The hunt hoes on for a nice 95, 96, or possibly a 97 or a Foretravel U320.

1995 #398 45' SOLD