You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hydraulic leak

Here is a first, Newell hadn't seen it either. I was losing hydraulic fluid and noticed seepage coming from around the pump.. Called Newell yesterday they had me in today. The pump was pushing hydraulic fluid back into the engine. My oil was now 4 quarts over!!. I just had oil changed 3 weeks ago. Getting a new hydraulic pump and another oil changeSad..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

It's a good thing you caught it quick. That is a recipe for severe engine damage.

Marc

You seem to find the strangest things?

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Hey you should see the x wife if ya wanna see strange.. Lolol

Marc Newman

Update, stopped at camping world today about an hour from the house. Noticed I was trailing hydraulic fluid. Looked at the hydraulic pump that was just replaced. It was fine but the hose that runs from the pump to solenoids for the fan and power steering was leaking at both ends. Was able to run to a local shop in the car and get a replacement hose. Camping world charged me 164$ to replace it. Including a 20?$ for Shop materials fee. Trying to figure out what materials they used since I bought the hose for another 80$ myself.

Something for everyone to check, the hose I replaced also showed wear marks from where it goes underneath the engine. You can't see it unless you get under coach or remove hose.. I was surprised at where mine had chaffed. Just something for everyone to look at.

Anyway, anytime I change a part with hoses attached from now on I am replacing the hoses too.

Marc Newman

Too bad Newell didn't pick up on the bad hose! I wouldn't be a happy camper!

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

I really don't think it was their fault. When the hose was reattached I think it got a little torqued. It was 10 years old. Upon getting home last week from newell I checked for leaks and had none. It was only on this trip a week later I noticed. I just think the hose was brittle and removing and reattaching may have put a little more stress on it. And it split this time

Marc Newman