You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Trans. emergency bypass switch

I was looking in the HWH hydraulic compartment in front of the wheel on the drivers side and noticed a toggle switch under a fairly large metal box mounted on the wall next to the wheel.  Labels for the switch state "EMERGENCY US ONLY"  and "TRANS OVERIDE ON/OFF".  I am surprised to find that the switch is set to ON.  Considering its location, I doubt that I turned it on by accident.  I hope that someone can tell me what this switch does and do I have a problem with it on.  Attached is a photo.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

mine is on as well. from what i understand, it prevents the tranny from being locked out from going into drive if a few different things are happening. one i believe is if the level light is on. i am sure there are others.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(02-09-2015, 02:11 PM)encantotom Wrote:  mine is on as well.  from what i understand, it prevents the tranny from being locked out from going into drive if a few different things are happening.  one i believe is if the level light is on.  i am sure there are others.  

tom

If a slide does not fully retrack it will let u override. Thats what mike told me at newell

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

Overriding the slides is what I was told as well.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

My switch for over riding the slides is under the arm rest where the transmission control and lights are..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701