You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello from Richmond Texas

Hello all, my wife and I just purchased our first Newell coach, a 1995 Series 2000, Coach number 381. We bought it from a couple in Corvallis Oregon. My dad and I flew up there to look at it, buy it, and drive it home. We are excited to start traveling soon, with our 8 month old baby boy. My Dad just purchased a dual slide Newell and my brother-in-law [a member here] bought a dual slide last year. I'am a Diesel mechanic by education and trade, a crane operator, a truck driver with a Class A CDL, and the Fleet Maintenance Manager for my dad's company. I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing tips and advice with this community. I'm already noticing a few issues related to the basement A/C units, and a funny problem where my right turn signal wont work when my headlights are on. Anyway, its great to be a part of this group.

Ethan, Marty, Sam, Jack and Tex Phillips
1995 Newell Coach #381

Honda Element, or Jeep Wrangler Toad

Welcome to the forum. Great to have someone with a diesel mechanic background. Hope you enjoy your coach as much as we enjoy ours.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Welcome to all three of you.... Sounds like you have a regular Newell "Convoy"......

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

(02-11-2015, 09:39 AM)Newell 381 Wrote:  Hello all, my wife and I just purchased our first Newell coach, a 1995 Series 2000, Coach number 381. We bought it from a couple in Corvallis Oregon. My dad and I flew up there to look at it, buy it, and drive it home. We are excited to start traveling soon, with our 8 month old baby boy. My Dad just purchased a dual slide Newell and my brother-in-law [a member here] bought a dual slide last year. I'am a Diesel mechanic by education and trade, a crane operator, a truck driver with a Class A CDL, and the Fleet Maintenance Manager for my dad's company. I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing tips and advice with this community. I'm already noticing a few issues related to the basement A/C units, and a funny problem where my right turn signal wont work when my headlights are on. Anyway, its great to be a part of this group.

Welcome to Newell Gurus from a Sugar Land Newell owner.  Hope all of your issues are solved rapidly and that you enjoy your coach. 

Welcome to Newell Gurus! Any experience with Detroit Diesel 2 strokes (series 71 and 92 specifically)?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Welcome.
I can help you with the basement AC's.

I had a 95 with the Dometic units.

Post your AC issues in the AC area instead of tagging on this thread.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome Ethan!

Hopefully you love traveling around with your little ones in a Newell! We sure do

You will find lots of help here. More than just posts, many folks will offer to talk to you over the phone, share schematics etc. the only thing you have to do is pay it forward. It's awesome!

I find working on my coach is much more enjoyable and fulfilling than my everyday drivers. Not sure why. Hopefully that's your experience as well.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Welcome to the forum...
Howdy from Norman, OK...my wife and I are F/T in a 1996 and can probably help on the A/C issue...we pulled the dual unit last August with help of a Guru and had it repaired/tested at Newell. The front unit will be done early spring this year...BTY the NG forum family rocks and is always willing to help.

Jeff

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming