You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear Axle Covers

(09-20-2012, 06:39 AM)Flick Wrote:  Clarke send me a pic of yours would ya?

Here you go....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Thanks. A guy called me from International today and found some for me that look very similar to yours. I biought them becasue they were half the cost of the others.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I found the Lug Nut Covers and the Front Hub Caps at a Flying J Truck Stop, really cheap too. My rears were not dented so I used some CLR and then Mother's Aluminum Polish and their small Power Ball on a drill motor.
I used the same polish and power ball on the wheels. I usually just do one wheel at a time and take the lug not caps off to do by hand.
Good luck on getting those clean and sparkly.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Clarke,
Nice job on your wheel! Pride of ownership is very apparent.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thanks Steve....I work on them pretty much like Steve (Prarieschooner) does.....one wheel at a time with Mother's then buff off the polish with a foam rubber power ball with my cordless drill. Worked on them most recently while we were in Spokane back in June....basically did one wheel a day over four days. Could have done them all in a few hours, but why rush?

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

(09-22-2012, 11:58 AM)whatsnewell Wrote:  Could have done them all in a few hours, but why rush?

when you have all the time in the world!!!!!!!!!!

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

alarm, work, rush, worry.... all words that I've tried to un-remember since retiring. Got a few others but can't remember them....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Why rush? Yard needs mowing, soccer practice at 5:30, swimming practice at 6:00, wife at clinic till 7:00, homework with kids and dinner somewhere in between it all. That's why you rush Clarke.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

(09-22-2012, 01:33 PM)Flick Wrote:  Why rush? Yard needs mowing, soccer practice at 5:30, swimming practice at 6:00, wife at clinic till 7:00, homework with kids and dinner somewhere in between it all. That's why you rush Clarke.

Haha.....I know the drill...Todd, we raised 5 kids through soccer, homework, school, dance, drill team, and more....finally hired a gardner, and the kids grew up.....now there is no need to rush anymore....there is always another day to get the rest done....Big Grin

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

5 kids!!! Maybe Television would have been a good idea....