You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Flooring

thanks everyone.
Richard, what did you use for underlayment?

Tony

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

I used some high zoom maximum sound deadening and insulating red colored stuff from the Lowes/HD. It was a huge mistake. In that in the transition from fixed floor to the floating floor, I can feel the floor flex if I am in bare feet. I would not use a padded underpayment if I were to do it again. I would use something like roofing felt if I wanted to protect the under lying floor from moisture. Of course you have to glue the underlayment to the flor, and then the LVT to the floor.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

We installed luan then glue down LVP. It has worked well. A bit unnerving when the coach sat in cold temps with no heat. A small gap appeared between the tiles (mostly at the ends) but they went back to normal once the coach reached normal liveable temp.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Oh yeah, what Dean said. I also used luan to cover the floor, otherwise the 10mm LVT would have been way shy of the existing marble tile.

Ernie will say that engineered hardwood avoids the shimming problem and the flexing problem, and he is right. But........his wife did not want the pattern she found in LVT. :-)

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Every year in Vegas, the flooring manufacturers have a trade show to highlight their new products. Who knows what is coming out this year.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]

Can anyone tell me how the carpet attaches to the floor underneath the bed in a slide out unit and how the heck to get access to it?

Rick Edgell
1998 Newell 45ft 2 Slide #467

Cut around the bed base

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
[email protected]

Hi all,
So I posted awhile back that we were going to put LVP in the bathroom and leave the carpet everywhere else. Change of plans. Now going to do the whole coach in LVP. I've already pulled out all of the carpet and pad except under the driver/passenger seat (I was able to cut out around the base). I'm about 1/2 way done removing the linoleum (what a PIA). I do have a few questions for clarity.
1. I'd like to remove the seats but need to gain access to the back of the generator compartment to get to some of the bolts. Is there a manual release on the gen slide that will allow it to come out farther so I can get to the back of the compartment?
2. My coach is a 92 so I don't have any slides and don't have to deal with those challenges. Also, my coach was all carpet so I won't have any transitions.
- For Richard: since no transitions, would you still be against using the high zoom insulation that you used for your floor? And... Did you glue both the underlayment and the LVP?
3. When I pulled up the carpet in the front, I discovered the wires that power the seats, running from under the dash. What is everyone doing with them? I'm thinking about routing a groove in the floor so that the wires are below the LVP and then come up out of the floor under the seats. Or just getting some of the corner molding for wire runs and installing along the floor, butted up to wall so they are out of the way. Thoughts?
4. Best way to remove the paper and glue left over from the linoleum removal? I have just about every know scraper and razorblade gizmo known to man. Sometimes seems like I'm gouging more wood up than glue. I've made a few angle blocks to steady the blades but pretty worthless so far. Thoughts?

Thanks

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

There should be an access panel at the rear of the generator compartment. If memory serves me there are 4 bolts to get it off. You get to it from under the coach. With the generator extended, there is a fair amount of room.

A handheld scraper that is 4 inches wide and a dull blade will get the old paper up.
You can router a groove in the floor for those chair wires.

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
[email protected]