You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What are these

Chappel, If you have an hour meter for the main engine it could be that.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

It has an hour meter, maybe that is it. I will be at Newell in April I will ask them. I'm sure that what ever it is it is suppose to tick, I was just wondering what it might be so I would be able to tell the next person that ask.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

My slide locking solenoids click when I turn the ignition on.

Does the ticking continue or stop?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Being that I seem to be the only one with this problem of ticking which I thought was part of the system and the way it should be, I have never paid much attention to it being any problem.  So after Richard ask the question does it continue or stop.  I always remembered it did not stop, until after I cranked the engine when I do not hear it.  So I decided to go to storage and examine it a little closer.  I just got back.  Mystery solved.
After putting my ears everywhere and then crawling on the floor I found it is coming from my Recaro seat.  After pushing some of the switches it stopped.  The problem switch is #1 and it is the pneumatic suspension system switch.  My seat has never had air and I cannot find that it ever did.  It has always been comfortable for me so I did not worry about it. My coach was built as a handicap coach so probably never had air connected to the seat.  This has not been a problem for me.  I have noticed that my Recaro seat is mounted to the floor a little differently than other seats.  It sets on a carpeted box about 4" tall and is about 12' X 12" square.  So now I know where the ticks came from and from now on no more ticks.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Time for some "Tocks" maybe....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Chappel, the Recaro seats of that era were equipped with over the top engineering system for controlling air to the air suspension. I never got mine to work properly. I bypassed the "brain" and the control solenoids with a simple pneumatic paddle switch. I feed the bladder under the seat from the pneumatic switch. It's how it is normally done.

If you decide you want air suspension for your Recaro, I can walk you through what I did.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )