You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

6V92 Tachometer

Thanks Clarke, since our coaches are so close a pic would be helpful for me and others!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Okay Steven, here you go!  Slight correction.....the generator is located closer to the top of the fan pulley than the top fo the radiator, and is behind the water pump and one of the fuel filters.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Thanks, that helped me locate mine. I wanted to confirm that mine was the same with a Generator (and not the Alternator type) before ordering a replacement. So far best price is from Summit Racing but they are about a month out. I should be OK for a while since it appeared to be working yesterday after my "field repair" now won't be concerned if we reach a grade. I am doing a couple of modifications while the Tach is out, dedicated wiring for the GPS and RVI2 Brake Monitor, Antennas, etc.

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Steve, I have 2 tachs from my coaches. Not sure if they will work for yours or not. Ill get some pics and info today for you. If one will work I will send you one. Just cover the shipping. When I did my engine/trans upgrades they wouldn't work with the electronic 6spd trans.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Thanks Retro that would be great! I'll wait for the pics.

Surprisingly Steve, when my tach quit working a few years ago I got used to not having it. I can tell by my speed, and the sound of the DD where my RPM's are at.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

They are a little different than yours but if one will work your more than welcome to one

Love old schoolHeart

Thanks Retro but doesn't look like it will work for me. Not sure but I may wait to order the replacement until we get home again since this one is working again.
Clarke, I could also drive "by ear" but would much rather have all the help that I can get and I just don't like having something non-op! PS take a good look at the Hose going to the Water Pump, it appears wet in your picture....stitch in time and all that.
Now on to fixing something else.

No problem Steve, they are a little different. Never hurts to try, you never know!!
Clarke, I don't mean to pick but those wires should be wrapped up and zip tied, just a matter of time and they will rub through on that steel. Just trying to save you some grief down the road.

Love old schoolHeart

Probably, Keith, but they have made it 33+ years so far.....actually, I haven't fixed it yet, so haven't worried about the wires. When I do I will be sure they are wrapped properly.

Steve, I did notice that leak and have tightened the hose clamp.....thank you for noticing.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB