You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

My sillyness

This if for your entertainment at my expense. One, in the last 7 months, we have slept in our sticks and bricks 7 weeks. Two, my brain is insanely tuned into vibrations and changes in noise. Three, we are home for a little while.

Last night, in the middle of the night, I woke and felt the compressor running. I thought vibrating more than normal. And it kept running. I began to think I had an air leak. Hmm, shut it off and turn on the 12 V. But wait, what if the air line that blew out on the great tire rub debacle is leaking, then the 12V will just run and run.

Wait, wait, I'm at home. It can't be the air compressor. It must be the coal train.

Even I had to laugh.

I think it's a sign we should hit the road again.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Its a sickness that can be cured!

First step...."Hi I'm Richard, and I'm an Engineer!" after that first step, you will be on the road to recovery.

bill

(A recovering electrical engineer)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Isn't it amazing how just a little sound or vibration out of the ordinary can wake you up? I used to bolt upright from a sound sleep when rig engines would change pitch just slightly during the times I was pushing tools & had to spend many long nights catching cat naps in a pick up on location.

When outdoors in the wild I sometimes miss the compressor, frig , a/c noise , levelor , etc. for a few moments.... There is a reason I find peace when I recognize all sounds heard from the coach . It means all is OK in my little world on wheels today and that's a nice thing

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

richard, i will be honest with you. there is no fix for being an engineer.....

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH