You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dodged a Cannonball - well sort of

Alie and Jon,
We are near Fort Wayne, IN . I can offer overnight parking and 30 Amp hook up if you need on the way home.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Update: Alie has done everything the medical staff has asked of her including a lot of walking. Pushing the IV cart was my job (hey I gotta get my exercise too). As a consequence she is being discharged 1-2 days early. It amazes me that we arrived here just a week ago today. Her six-pack is now a 7-pack with the addition of a long scar. Hey, I find it more attractive than a tattoo. We have a followup with the surgeon on Tuesday and can then depart for Michigan at our discretion.

The current plan is for Alie to fly home from here in Memphis. I will probably drive. I say "probably" due to the mental toll this episode has taken. Right now driving is a bit of a challenge and I want to play it safe, I may leave the coach here, and maybe the car too, for a month or so to recover my faculties. We have a son here to watch over stuff and it gives us an excuse to return to spend some quality time with him and his wife.

We are immensely heartened by the support from this group. It is amazing that a bunch of motorhome geeks could be so caring, but you are and we are enternally grateful.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Interesting that you mentioned tattoo. Fran has joked about getting "zippers" tattooed on her surgical scars. Best wishes and continued prayers for speedy & full recovery.

(03-26-2015, 09:16 AM)77newell Wrote:  Update: Alie has done everything the medical staff has asked of her including a lot of walking. Pushing the IV cart was my job (hey I gotta get my exercise too). As a consequence she is being discharged 1-2 days early. It amazes me that we arrived here just a week ago today. Her six-pack is now a 7-pack with the addition of a long scar. Hey, I find it more attractive than a tattoo. We have a followup with the surgeon on Tuesday and can then depart for Michigan at our discretion.

The current plan is for Alie to fly home from here in Memphis. I will probably drive. I say "probably" due to the mental toll this episode has taken. Right now driving is a bit of a challenge and I want to play it safe, I may leave the coach here, and maybe the car too, for a month or so to recover my faculties. We have a son here to watch over stuff and it gives us an excuse to return to spend some quality time with him and his wife.

We are immensely heartened by the support from this group. It is amazing that a bunch of motorhome geeks could be so caring, but you a. re and we are enternally grateful.
Have been Praying for a speedy recover for you all. You should check on all of your insurances, Good Sams, FMCA and any other   that might contain a trip interruption clause. I got educated to this after my accident in Santa Fe. I did not use but found that some policy will pay all expenses for flying home and also for the motorhome storage and driving home. Wish you the best and if I can help let me know.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes and prayers. This kind of support matters a lot, more than we could have ever imagined. It's amazing to think there are people out there pulling for you that you have never seen. Given the nature of her illness there is a long tough road ahead. We are home now surrounded by an amazing network of support, more than we could have imagined possible. To our fellow Newell Gurus we have this one request; get out there and enjoy each other and your coaches. It warms our hearts to think of you all having a great time.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed