You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Quickie step problem

Just an FYI . If you have to replace the motor in the Kwikee steps it is a Ford power window motor. I put a new one in from Autozone and it lasted a year before stripping the nylon gear. I replaced it with a slightly more expensive one that has a lifetime warranty.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(11-05-2015, 05:59 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  Just an FYI . If you have to replace the motor in the Kwikee steps it is a Ford power window motor. I put a new one in from Autozone and it lasted a year before stripping the nylon gear. I replaced it with a slightly more expensive one that has a lifetime warranty.

Great information, thank you!

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

So I ventured in to the local ACE hardware store to find a 'Shoulder Bolt' but they did not have anything except a carriage bolt. The helpful hardware guy did suggest that I try Fastenal - I never would have thought about that. As it turns out Fastenal has every kind of bolt/nut/fastener known to man and now sells to the public! A very nice lady helped me find a 1/2" shank x 1" shoulder bolt (I also bought a few bolts in 3/4" just in case but the 1/2" worked fine) along with some washers and nuts. I brought home the bolt and tried it in the step and it fit perfectly! My step now works pretty much as it should although I need to bend it out straight and repaint it. When I get to a decent park that is not filled with mud and rock I will pull the whole thing off and fix it right. For now my wife is happy that the steps are working again!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40