You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air bag leaf spring for 1975 Newell

I bought parts for my 77 coach from these guys as well and found them to be very professional. There is also a large truck salvage yard in Toledo run by LKQ that I've gotten stuff from.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Try to find a specialty spring manufacturing shop.

It is a Ridewell air ride suspension made by Rydel suspension in Springfield, Mo.. Part is the air bag mount and not a spring, spring is above the airbag and mount and is joined to the frame of vehicle. Only used on high end equipment. Possible to repair but a new one would be best.

James Tuckness

(04-07-2015, 03:50 PM)joeschmoid Wrote:  Hello,

I own a 1975 Newell pusher, and one of the rear air bag leaf springs has cracked.  Would anyone have any suggestions on where to source a used one, or am I better off trying to have one manufactured?

Thanks,

Robert
1975 Newell Diesel pusher in North Idaho

Robert, 
 Did you have any luck finding parts? I am looking for a lower u-bolt saddle. Any wrecked ones out there?

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

No luck on finding parts, just had new mounts made for the air bags.

Robert

(05-05-2015, 05:28 PM)Retro Wrote:  
(04-07-2015, 03:50 PM)joeschmoid Wrote:  Hello,

I own a 1975 Newell pusher, and one of the rear air bag leaf springs has cracked.  Would anyone have any suggestions on where to source a used one, or am I better off trying to have one manufactured?

Thanks,

Robert
1975 Newell Diesel pusher in North Idaho

Robert, 
 Did you have any luck finding parts? I am looking for a lower u-bolt saddle. Any wrecked ones out there?

Thank you for all the help, ended up with having two new mounts manufactured.