You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Any ideas?

for the last month my low coolant light would come on for a few minutes and the check engine stop engine light would come on. It would also de rate me for power while the stop/ check engine light was on.. I f I drove it a few hundred yards low coolant light goes off and a few mins later stop/check engine lights go out and everything is fine until next time I start coach.. Happens about half the time.  It has even reappeared at 65mph going down the interstate once..  Newell thinks bad coolant sensor.. Could it just be a loose wire

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Not trying to be a smart aleck, have you checked the coolant. I will assume so, and it was fine.

First thing is clean the connections to the coolant sensor. Next, replace coolant sensor.

If this is repeatedly occurring, it could be a matter of time before you are debated until you fix it.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Good question Richard. But yes plenty of coolant. The sensor is a real booger to get too.. Have to take off the air intake pipe I think

Marc Newman

Marc

Is your coach a Detroit ? I had the same issue with my Prevo. Is the computer saving any codes? Mine was not, and it ended up being the ddec after many trips and a year or so.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Yes it's saving the codes and saying low coolant is the malfunction..

Marc Newman

Sounds like you are going to have to start with a sensor and testing the antifreeze

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex