You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cesana Circle Shower

Hello Newell Gurus,

I joined this group to see if I could find more information and source of parts for the Cesana Circle shower I know was installed in some, maybe many, Newells. At the end of the day information was sparse, regardless of where I looked. I also discovered the few sources selling the door rollers were charging way too much for me to justify.

Seeing I came here looking for information I thought I'd share a procedure I wrote on how to fix the bent door support. Here's a link to the procedure: http://tinyurl.com/Cesana-Shower

Cesana no longer has a US distributor, which may explain the crazy prices I was quoted. So, I also worked hard to source some door rollers for a much more reasonable price than I was able to find. If anyone needs a pair of rollers (just the rollers, not including the covers) I have a few left. Email me if you are interested, [email protected]. I'm selling them for $160 a pair.

Gil Johnson
99 Prevost Conversion

hi gil,

gil,

welcome to gurus. as you well know we share many systems with your prevost. i spent alot of time on my cesana shower as well. i took it apart and straigtened bars and adjusted. i was stunned when i found what the parts cost. they are cheaper if you happen to be in italy....ha

thanks for the tutorial that will help alot of folks.

please feel free to chime in on any topic and to ask questions yourself. we value your experience

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Gil,

If you need them in the future, I found that calling around to the convertors to search there parts inventory works sometimes. I called Liberty Coach and they had a few in stock last year and I bought a couple for $52 each. The NYC distributor was getting $150 a piece a few years back and now I was told by another Prevost owner they want $225 today. INSANE ! If you were to build this shower from replacement parts it would cost you big time

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Larry,

Given there was only one distributor in the US and even factoring the best Euro exchange rate, the price Liberty was charging should have put a smile on the buyer's face. I'm pretty sure $52 each was an error. When there was a distributor in the US, the best price I could find was $170 a pair plus shipping. I should have bought them then...hindsight, I guess. Today, I was only able to find one source in the US and they wanted $440 each. Even they said the price was crazy.

I sourced them from the factory, which normally doesn't sell direct. As you might imagine, this isn't as easy as calling your local plumbing supplier.

FWIW, Cesana makes some quality products. If you're bored someday, take a look at their catalog.

Gil Johnson
99 Prevost Conversion

I did look at the catalog and should consider a trip over and bring back a bus load of replacement parts and sell on Ebay

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

If someone finds a source for the rollers, please post it. Mine are showing wear.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica