You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Lake Tahoe Mini Rally 6/8/2015 to 6/13/2015

another fun day with the gang. we spent all morning doing some wiring and slide troubleshooting on richards coach and then after lunch moved to ed's 2002. with richards expertise, we changed both front airbags on ed's coach. took us about 6 hours to do both. a chunk of that was taking the lug nuts off and putting them back on for both tires. probably took 90 minutes to do just that. we only had a 3/4" socket, ratchet and 10 foot long piece of pipe. goes really slow. we learned the tricks of changing the airbags on the front. i for sure will do it myself at home when the time arises.

we did it all with richards 2 bottle jacks, and a bunch of wood blocking i had brought. we had enough tools between the group of us to do it.

then we potlucked again and enjoyed dinner and each other.

great day

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Wish I was there..........My Newell needs a paint job!! ;-)

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

i was hoping we would put some racing strips on chesters coach today. or maybe do it tonite and surprise him when he gets up in the morning.

tom

we had a great evening together. we potlucked again tonite with fantastic food. i made homemade rootbeer (about 4 gallons) and we invited all the neighbors to join us for root beer. had a lot of people stop by. we gave some of them coach tours.

a guru that has sold their coach stopped by and we had a nice visit with them as well.

we went until dark with visiting and when the mosquitoes started coming out we headed for inside.

all of us have potlucked together everynite. it is really a great experience.

tom

Wish I was there as it would have been a less expensive week. Spent my week spending money at Xtreme Paint and Graphics getting some corrosion issues repaired - great job by them, better than new.

We visited and ate ourselves around Nacogdoches with Mary and Chappell Jordan. Ate her chocolate cake till that was gone and then her chocolate brownies, mm mm good. So other than the check writing, we had a good time with Newell Gurus too. Ain't this here forum wonderful?

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Pictures as promised

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

rudy, i still have a little bit of the rootbeer left in the fridge. come on over

tom

Rudy, thanks to your excellent tutelage, Tom serviced his AH with me looking over his shoulder( with nothing to do )

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I need some root beer! guess I'll have to make my own.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Your killin me I'm so thirsty

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border