You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

purpose of 3 3000 watt inverters on a newer coach

i have heard that some of the newer coaches have 3  3000 watt inverters on them.  

i am trying to figure out why....

only thing i can come up with is to run all 4 roof air conditioners while driving and have the enginer alternator charging the batteries so you dont have to run the generator?

any other knowledge here?

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(04-18-2015, 06:29 PM)encantotom Wrote:  i have heard that some of the newer coaches have 3  3000 watt inverters on them.  

i am trying to figure out why....

only thing i can come up with is to run all 4 roof air conditioners while driving and have the enginer alternator charging the batteries so you dont have to run the generator?

any other knowledge here?

thanks

tom

Tom...I also was under the impression that we were supposed be able to run an air conditioner (the switch says "front AC" or "rear AC").  However, it wouldn't run for longer than 1 minute and it would shut down.  We replaced the 4 House Batteries and now we can run either the front or rear AC (not both) with the merge switch on without running the generator.

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2002 Newell #638 (4 slides)
Tow 2012 TDI VW Jetta Car
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck
Pontoon boat, 2 John Deere Tractors and a golf cart!!!