You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Short Newells?

We did PCH Hwy 1!!! 101 is for wussies! next time try Hwy 1 it is for the BIG BOYS!!
PS you are welcome in our coach anytime Matt, just don't bring Larry!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Wow I can’t even imagine driving a 45’ footer with a trailer. I’ll stick with my 37’ footer and our ascender toad.

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

I too am part of the camp of no slides. Too many things to go wrong and with just my wife and I, our 44' is plenty of space. I believe very few new models are coming out as no slides and more as "bunk" style luxury transports. Recently seen a late model for sale with no slides. That said, it too, was 45'. I am part of the group of go big or go home. If my wife and I could do with less space, I think we would be in an extended conversion Sprinter. The issue with those is limited tankage capacity. (Compost toilets are the only real solutions for water efficiency)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

My wife was driving through the desert in our 2000 42’ Foretravel with a motorcycle lift on the back and towing a Jeep Liberty (over 65’). I was in the back sleeping, I woke up and glanced at my GPS - she was doing over 110!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40