You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

3/4" Torque wrench

i bought a 1" impact gun and sockets so i can take the wheels off of the newell if i need to.  so i wanted a torque wrench that would do the 450-475 foot pounds for the lug nuts.  

those babies are expensive!

i kept looking on craigslist and ran across an old ad for a TCI 600 FRN that goes to 600 ft pound.  and it was only 20 minutes away which is very unusual considering where i live.  

so i went and bought it and got it AND a 1" male to 3/4" female impact adapter for $50 bucks....quite a score.  he said he only used it a handful of times in the 8 years he had it and when he did it was on heads of kenworths.  so i am assumming it is close to being calibrated.  

given i would have had to buy the adapter anyway, and they are 20-25 bucks, i effectively got the torque wrench for 30 bucks.  it is BIG and heavy.  

life is good

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

No picture?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

That is a great find and so cheap! When in the industry I always did it the old way. I would ask my mechanic how much he weighed and then calculated how far away on the bar he had to hang his weight from to get the correct foot pounds (200 Lbs x 2.25' = 450 Foot Pounds). I learned this trick from one of the Journeymen that trained me.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

steve, i dont want to torque them that much if i hang on it.....ha

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH