You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Engine Buss

About 3 weeks ago my wife wanted to turn the radio on, but nothing. Really didn't give it a thought, until I went to start the coach Saturday and the engine batteries were dead. Flipped battery merge on and a couple days later got ready to start the coach and just happened to check the radio - which is now powered. 

My question is, what else "in" the coach is powered off of the engine buss that hot even when the key is off? 

Marc 

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135

not sure when my Key is in the Off Position the dash/radio/leveling is all off on my '82. Someone could have changed something?

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

My radio works whether, or not the key is in any position. I assume it works off the chassis batteries, but I have no idea.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

The DDEC and Allison transmission computers probably have a small parasitic draw from the chassis batts.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

You should have a fuse list posted somewhere that shows what gets powered from the chassis battery and another for the house batteries.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed