You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front brake pads.

Gordon, did you order the pads from Belguim because you could not find them here in the States?
Surely someone here in the States have the parts.  I personally have not been looking for them.  The Co. that is doing the work are the ones that have been trying to find them.  But I might have to get involved Monday if they haven't located the correct pads.  I plan to start with Kaiser Brake and Alignment  in Eugene, OR.  It is ridiculous to have to go to this much trouble trying to find a simple set of brake pads.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I bought many parts including pads.  When I first bought the 2000, the calipers were frozen to the sleeves or pins they slide upon.  Upon further inspection the seals were missing which led the complete removal of the calipers.  Once apart the self adjusting mechanism seals were worn out on one of the calipers.  I replaced the whole caliper with a rebuilt from BTT along with new sleeves,  bushings, & seals for the other three calipers at the rear of the coach.

you can see the caliper removal in the gallery called 567, look for caliper removal.  There are several pictures there.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

(05-02-2015, 11:00 AM)bestgenman Wrote:  I bought many parts including pads.  When I first bought the 2000, the calipers were frozen to the sleeves or pins they slide upon.  Upon further inspection the seals were missing which led the complete removal of the calipers.  Once apart the self adjusting mechanism seals were worn out on one of the calipers.  I replaced the whole caliper with a rebuilt from BTT along with new sleeves,  bushings, & seals for the other three calipers at the rear of the coach.

you can see the caliper removal in the gallery called 567, look for caliper removal.  There are several pictures there.

Anyone at camp Newell

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

Gordon, you might have different brakes than I do.  My drive wheels have drum brakes. I see your has disc.  Front and tags are disc. Come Monday i am going to do some searching on my own.  All i need is pads for the front only. Also my front disc brakes do not have grease fitting, but my tag disc brakes does.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Got my coach back this afternoon and is working great.  I did not realize how much the rotors needed to be turned.  The braking is now smooth as silk.  That is one less thing to worry about.  The frig. will be delivered in the morning and hope that goes as well.  Thanks to everyone for your help.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

hi chappell, did you have to build up the back floor of the fridge area for it to rest on like i did?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, I will let you know tomorrow after I get the frig.  With my luck, I will have to do a lot of alteration.   

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

But with your gigantic entry door an easy in and out

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Tom, the frig is in and did not have to do anything with the floor.  Everything fits very well.  The only frig I could find and I looked at a lot of them, that would fit without any alteration was a side by side Whirlpool.  Model # WRS571CIDM.  $1599.00 retail and I paid $1438.00.  It looks very good and fits flush as yours does.

And yes Larry the wide door came in real handy.  Did not have to take the doors off the frig and still had 2" to spare on each side of the steps.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell, did you replace an Amana? If same is mine it is good to know what fits, and avoid a lot of looking.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica