You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cannot identify alarm inside of dash

Chester, When I first bought the coach, I raised it and I never could get it low enough for the alarm not to sound so I put several tie wraps around mine to keep it down.  However, I have found with it down it still picks up pretty good if there is a station fairly close by.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell,
Yours is acting just like mine did when I purchased my coach.  Mine had a nylon gear that was worn out.  I ordered a new gear and when it came it was steel.  Installed it and has worked perfectly since.  The part was relatively inexpensive.  If your antenna does not set completely down in the holder you can also adjust it so it does.

I'm not at home so I can't provide you the link, but you can find the company by using Google.  If you can't find it & want it, email me & I'll send it to you when I get home.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(05-10-2015, 05:15 AM)rheavn Wrote:  Chappell,
Yours is acting just like mine did when I purchased my coach.  Mine had a nylon gear that was worn out.  I ordered a new gear and when it came it was steel.  Installed it and has worked perfectly since.  The part was relatively inexpensive.  If your antenna does not set completely down in the holder you can also adjust it so it does.

I'm not at home so I can't provide you the link, but you can find the company by using Google.  If you can't find it & want it, email me & I'll send it to you when I get home.

Steve, My antenna would not go all the way down was my problem.  I need to check into repairing it.  Probably is just the gear.  After I raised it the first time, I had to listen to the beep all the way home and I could see that the antenna was up about 6" from where it should be.  I was always afraid if I did repaired it that I would get it all the way up and could not get it down and no way to get on top. So I said the heck with it. Most of the places we stay at have cable anyway and I don't watch that much TV.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I replaced the gear on my 93. Like Steve said its pretty easy. The company is Brandt.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I cut the wire at the switch on the roof. Problem solved.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Just don't forget to lower it before driving off in the future!

CC, over the years and with six motorhomes, I hazard to guess how many times I have left the RV park with the antenna up.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I removed it completely long ago

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

[Image: ANMS91.jpg]

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.