You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Southern Colorado Campgrounds & Roads

We (that'd be my wife, two young kids, and I) will be spending the month of July at Tiger Run in Breckenridge.  Anyone that is passing through or staying there, please stop by and say hi.  

I'd like to take some time to visit southern Colorado while we are there.  I was thinking Creede or Pagosa Springs areas.  Does any one have any campground recommendations or driving/hwy advice?  Roads to avoid?  Drivability of roads?

We are ok camping in state parks, campgrounds, or RV parks.  We are ok dry camping.  Just don't want to reserve spots I can't get into or that I regret!  

Thanks for any advice!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

(05-11-2015, 05:19 AM)Junior Guru Wrote:  We (that'd be my wife, two young kids, and I) will be spending the month of July at Tiger Run in Breckenridge.  Anyone that is passing through or staying there, please stop by and say hi.  

I'd like to take some time to visit southern Colorado while we are there.  I was thinking Creede or Pagosa Springs areas.  Does any one have any campground recommendations or driving/hwy advice?  Roads to avoid?  Drivability of roads?

We are ok camping in state parks, campgrounds, or RV parks.  We are ok dry camping.  Just don't want to reserve spots I can't get into or that I regret!  

Thanks for any advice!

Have stayed many times at Tiger Run and will be in Heaton Bay Campground on lake dillion all of July and Aug.  I have been on about all the roads and trails in Co. Have stayed in Creede and Pagosa Spring. Will have the RZR and Goldwing with me along with Russo. We would be happy to share any info. I am picking Matt up May 17th heading to Nevada-Utah and then to the Guru rally in Tahoe 

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Wife and I are renting a cabin in FairPlay (about 30 minutes from Breck.) for July. Plan to get together with Ron and Matt for some riding.
Lets all get together for lunch or riding or something....
Mountain Views in Creede is very nice in the resort section. We rented a lot for August last year.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I will definitely reach out to you guys as July gets closer.

I like FairPlay. They have a cool burro race up there in the summer!

How is the drive from Creede to Breck? Any route recommendations or roads to avoid?

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

I took Hwy. 9 to 285 to 112 to 149 and other than Hoosier Pass it was a good road. Hoosier has slow switchbacks up and a long straight descent heading south but it was not a problem at all.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337